자유게시판

This Week's Top Stories About Audi G28

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 Joyce Fortner
댓글 0건 조회 9회 작성일 24-09-02 20:25

본문

How to Replace an audi a3 keys G28 Engine Speed Sensor

Charles the Humble Technician teaches how to replace the G28 Engine Speed Sensor. This sensor is located near the edges of the transmission above the flywheel ring gear. It sends a message to the ECU through the grey wire T55/49 and then to the tachometer located on the instrument cluster.

1. Engine Speed Sensor

It is located on the outside of the transmission, above the flywheel ring gear the G28 Engine Speed Sensor sends signals to ECU pin T55/49 via the grey wire. The ECU then utilizes this information to regulate the boost, fuel, and timig. It also sends signals to the G5 tachometer in the instrument cluster.

The sensor serves as a reference to correlate with the G40 Camshaft Position Sensor. The ecu must know when the crankshaft is TDC and where the camshaft is located so that it can start spark and injectors accordingly.

If this sensor fails when it fails, the ECU will display a P00160 error code. This means that the Crank Shaft is out of sync with the Intake Camshaft. It could also be a sign of a chain stretch or a jump in the chain link of the upper chain. The code won't appear without the additional information provided by other sensors (G4 or G40).

Testing can be a bit difficult as there are two different connector pins, and they have different functions but the best method of testing it is to measure the resistance between the sensor and the ECU. It should read around 1000 ohms when it is at full operation. Look for evidence of coolant or oil in the connector bay if you have issues with this component.

2. Injectors

Subaru-logo.pngYesterday, when i was accelerating to the fullest speed from highway paytoll, I experienced a big cut in power like the engine is out of gas or injectors aren't firing any more. I took out the spark plugs this morning, three were drenched in gasoline and the fourth was dry. When I start the engine without sparks i put tissue on the top of each hole in the injector and the 3 that were drenched in gazoline jump out but the 4th one stays closed. I tried to test the ground connections of ECU pins 14,30 and 48/55. I found 0ohm. I assume that the problem is in another location.

Nissan-New.pngI also tried to reset the PID but without success. The car will start when the G28 is unplugged, and it works fine when the G28 connected. However, the intermittent misfire problem still occurs at higher RPM. The coolant sensor (G62), even when unplugged, still shows an ice temperature of -49c. Also, i noticed that the oil pressure gauge in the cockpit is showing 2 bar when the actual pressure is 0.0 when I crank up the engine.

I'm not certain what to do, as i feel i have pretty much completely ruled out all other possibilities. I'm worried that i might have missed something. Let me know if you have any ideas! TIA!

3. Fuel Pump

The fuel pump in the g28 can be activated by a signal sent by the RPM sensor. The GM-style sensor is the same as the G4 and both function in the 80 100, 200, UrS and RS2 cars so you can easily find one at a wrecking yard or at a parts store. It is simple to test them by putting your DMM in resistance mode and take measurements between pins 1 (with the bump on the connector end up) and 2 (2nd from left on the black connector's end). They must be infinite Ohms.

4. ECU

Our 20vt turbo (3B AAN, ABY and ADU) engines are equipped with an ECU that must be aware of the speed and position of the crankshaft to make decisions regarding timing of the fuel injector, for example. It uses a Crank Position Sensor G4 and an Engine Speed Sensor G28 to accomplish this. If you encounter a problem with either of these sensors, the diagnostic scanner will display codes that could cause an engine shutdown.

Some of the symptoms of a failing G28 sensor are an inaccurate rev counter for the gearbox the gears are shifting faster than normal and/or a misfire when you're in gear. It is probable that your sensor is failing and needs to be replaced if you notice any of these signs. They are cheap and easy-to-find especially if they're an Bosch model like ours. If you prefer, GM's version of this part would be an excellent choice.

5. Tachometer

A damaged engine sensor could cause a myriad of issues within your vehicle. It's a vital component of the audi keyless entry's transmission since it relays information to the ECU about how the car's crankshaft is spinning. This sensor can cause the transmission to fail and other car components to be affected.

The G5 engine speed sensor is located at the outside of the transmission just above the flywheel ring gear and sends a signal directly to the ECU at pin T55/49 through an uncolored wire. The ECU utilizes this signal to control the amount of fuel and boost, and also to timigrate. It also sends it to the G5 Tachometer in instrument cluster. You can test the sensor for failure by examining the continuity between it and the tachometer, between ECU pin T55/49 and the instrument cluster connection to pin T6a/1 (trace [79]) and between pin T6a/1 and the instrument cluster pin T26a/12. You should detect the resistance to be around 1000 ohms between these two points. This is the same across the audi keys replacement audi key blade a3 key (auto-locksmiths53313.Mywikiparty.com) 80-100-200-RS2 range, from the 1985 MC up to the 1997 UrS AN and 1995 RS2 Du, so you might find good ones in wrecking yards.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.